why a programmer needs to learn art!

Hello guys, I'm here again, I know I took much time to post but I just don't feel like posting everyday so let's get to the important things!

So I decided to learn drawing art, I SUCK a lot when it comes to that part and usually try to stick to simple graphics and try to convince myself that it works, because it did with other games.

So why am I learning that now?

Game art is really the most important thing in the game after the gameplay of course so putting hard work on that isn't actually bad, gamers won't see all the hard work you've put into the code and say "hey he really worked hard so the graphics are passable!" NO! Please get the idea out of your head, yes we all know some games reached the stars with really simple art style but that doesn't work with everyone, try doing your best, eyecandy is becoming more and more an important thing for gamers so it really needs some attention (REALLY)! Maybe one of the reasons of the fail of my game is that it lacked good-looking art, they click the game, they see it's not good looking, they easily skip and search for something better, why download your game while there's something better looking?

Ok so how, when, where?

So you're actually interested! I see...
I'm actually learning vector art, it seemed easier for me, it's like just shapes put together in a sort of way to form the thing you want, unlike pixel art where you need to draw every single bit by yourself, pixel art is harder believe me, although vector art doesn't work really good with dark-styled games and these stuff, it looks great in every other game (not really but you can tweak it to suit the thing ;) )
Now I'm actually learning how to draw stuff from this site : 
http://www.2dgameartguru.com/
it is actually a great site, the author is super talented, the tutorials are easy to follow and overall i'm having a blast trying to draw the stuff he's drawing, I started some days ago and i drew some stuff following his tutorials, let me show you some!


Yeah, you might say it's not that good looking but hey, I'm still learning, everything needs time, be motivated and not afraid to learn something new, get out of the comfort zone you're always sitting in and work hard, if you want to achieve success as a single guy working alone, there's a long way ahead of you, but you'll reach the end, keep grinding for it...
Happy to see you guys and I hope ya'll doing great!


why a programmer needs to learn art! why a programmer needs to learn art! Reviewed by Reda Kaafarani on 1:54 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just want to say thank you. I always want to make my own 2d game assets, and few days ago found this post. I started to follow tutorials. By following 2DGameArtGuru, I create some power-up buttons for my previous game and now I feel like I can start to draw for my own 2d game in near future. Thank you again for this encouraging post. I want to show you some drawings, too: http://i.hizliresim.com/kE0dm9.png

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.